Thanksgiving Side: Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Yams, and Brussel Sprouts with Fresh Rosemary
Do you have your Thanksgiving menu planned out yet? I will be sharing some of my favorite Thanksgiving recipes this week in case you need some last minute help:) I have mentioned before that I am not a huge fan of the traditional Thanksgiving foods, but don't worry, I always come up with tasty things to eat:)
We celebrated Thanksgiving early this year because my dad was visiting. We had a huge feast with all of the traditional foods. I also made roasted sweet potatoes, yams, and brussel sprouts. I added red onion, garlic, and fresh rosemary too. Roasting the vegetables really brings out the best flavor. This is an easy side dish that is healthy and full of flavor. I highly suggest you add roasted vegetables to your menu this year. They are my favorite.
Roasted Sweet Poatoes, Yams, and Brussel Sprouts with Fresh Rosemary
2 sweet potatoes (white flesh), peeled and cut into cubes
2 yams (orange flesh), peeled and cut into cubes
2 cups brussel sprouts, washed and cut in half
1 red onion, cut into big chunks
5 garlic cloves, peeled
Drizzle of olive oil
Fresh rosemary, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
2. Put the potatoes, yams, brussel sprouts, onion chunks, and garlic cloves in a large bowl.
3. Lightly drizzle the vegetables with olive oil. Stir until they are all coated.
4. Season the vegetables with the fresh rosemary and salt and pepper. Stir again.
5. On the large baking sheet, add the vegetables. Make sure they are laid out flat. Place the baking sheet in the hot oven.
6. Roast vegetables for about 40-45 minutes, stirring them every 15 minutes or so. I like them a little crispy around the edges:)
7. I always remove the garlic cloves to serve, but if you want to eat them, go for it. Serve hot.
If you like these roasted vegetables, you might also like:
Roasted Vegetables from Alexandra's Kitchen
Roasted Autumn Vegetable Chowder from Pinch My Salt
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar from White on Rice Couple
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Red Onions, Rosemary, and Parmesan from Kalyn's Kitchen
Healthy Sweet Potato Fries from Two Peas and Their Pod