Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.devilsworkshop.org

Sorry for inconvenience...

Two Peas and Their Pod: Holiday Gift Ideas 2009

Friday, November 27, 2009

Holiday Gift Ideas 2009



I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving with lots of tasty food. We ended up going to our family friend's house. They didn't want us to be alone:) It was a very fun day and Josh got to enjoy some turkey:)

So who woke up super early to go shopping? Anyone? I am not a fan of the crowds and I really don't enjoy shopping so I chose to workout instead. I will be doing my shopping online this year.

Last year we posted our
favorite holiday gift items and everyone appreciated the suggestions, so our holiday gift list is back! Gaby, from What's Gaby Cooking?, has also put together a fabulous gift list. If you are not sure what to buy your loved ones this year, check out our suggestions! Most of them are cooking/food related because they make the best gifts in my opinion:)

Most of the items are in my Amazon store found on the left side of my blog. You don't have to fight any crowds for those deals:) I hope you find something you like! Happy Shopping!



1.The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from An Accidental Country Girl
This is the perfect gift for anyone and everyone! Not only are there tasty down home cooking recipes, but the photography and stories are wonderful! I attended Ree's
book signing in Utah, she is fabulous! I highly recommend this book!


2. Beater Blade for KitchenAid Mixer
I don't know why it took me so long to get a beater blade. My good blogging buddy,
Food Finery, kept telling me to order one. I finally did and it is amazing! I love that it scrapes the sides and the bottom of the bowl. This attachment is a must if you have a KitchenAid Mixer!



3. Julie & Julia
Looking for a fun movie to watch over the holidays? Julie & Julia is it! I really enjoyed this film, Meryl Streep does a fantastic job at playing Julia Child. Make sure you have some tasty snacks while watching this movie:)




4. Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day
I think you all know I am a huge fan of Zoe and Jeff's bread book,
Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. If you don't have that one, go get it and buy their new book too! Both are wonderful!



5. Automatic Yogurt Maker
We started making our own
homemade yogurt this year and it is the best. It is tons cheaper and I love it! This yogurt maker makes the process a breeze!

6. Le Creuset Round French Oven
I don't have one of these, but I sure want one. This would be perfect for my soup creations:) I love the red one!


7. KitchenAid Pasta Roller Attachment
Homemade pasta is the best. It is cheap to make and so much better than the boxed stuff. This KA attachment makes it SO easy too! You can make
ravioli, fettucini, lasagna noodles, etc. We love this attachment!

8. Pizza Peel
We use our pizza peel a lot. It is great for making
homemade pizza and bread. A fun gift for any baker.

9. Vanilla Beans
I love giving and receiving vanilla beans. There is nothing better than fresh vanilla beans from the pod! These make great stocking stuffers:)


10. Food Scale
Every kitchen needs a food scale! I love that you can get these in different colors. A fun gift for all!



Don't forget to check out Gaby's list and our items from last year. We still love everything:)
Happy Holidays!!!

Labels:

40 Comments:

Blogger LizNoVeggieGirl said...

So glad to read that you spent Thanksgiving with dear friends - that's the best!

I too hate dealing with the crowds, so no Black Friday shopping for me ;)


FABULOUS gift ideas! Thank you!

5:09 AM  
Anonymous Jessica said...

These are great, unique gifts! Love the ideas!

5:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

glad you had a good time with friends :) that's the best!

great list, too. i was thinking of doing something similar... guess i should get on it!

6:16 AM  
Blogger NKP said...

Great gift ideas! Half are on my list and half are in my kitchen!
We don't have black friday here, thank goodness. :)

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you guys didn't spend the day alone. Love the gift ideas! That beater would be awesome for my mixer! I didn't know it exsisted. Thanks for the fun ideas.

8:04 AM  
Blogger The Purple Carrot said...

Those are wonderful gift ideas!

Ha, I didn't go shopping either ... too many crazy people out that early in the morning! ;)

8:15 AM  
Blogger Frieda Loves Bread said...

Fabulous list...these are all in my top 10!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Monica H said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I like your list!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Bethie said...

Great list. I need a set of scales myself!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Maria, I have never seen the new kitchenaide scraper attachment. I'm going to order myself one. thanks for the tip! Also, Did you see the same Le Creuset dish you want is on sale at Costco online? Great price, less than half of what my hub paid at Sur La Table. Yikes! Happy Thanks weekend.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

GREAT list! I should just send this page to my josh ;) I have that food scale and love it. Makes baking so easy

1:22 PM  
Blogger jenniferhoiyin said...

what an awesome idea, I'm making my wishlist now. actually i have one that i add to all the time, but this list inspires me even more - meaning i have more things to add to that aforementioned list. :D

2:15 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I CANT STAND crowds either! Love you shopping suggestions

2:33 PM  
Blogger Delicious Dishings said...

I skipped the stores today too. It was nice to have some downtime. You've put together such a great list -- any foodie would love everything on it!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Simple in the Kitchen said...

That beater blade is going to be PERFECT for my mother-in-law! Who I never know what to get! I didn't even know they made them :) Thanks!

3:42 PM  
Blogger kat said...

think I might need one of those beater blades

3:55 PM  
Blogger Gaby said...

love it!!!!! I want everything please... :)

4:22 PM  
Blogger teresa said...

i'm seriously going to email this list to my husband for gift ideas for ME! awesome! hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Manggy said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Maria! Those vanilla beans would make for very fragrant stockings indeed :D

7:10 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

No crowds for me! My family started picking names a few years back and it is the best thing we ever did... no stress and much more peaceful holidays.
I love your suggestions. I have the Mario Batali dutch oven and it is great. I think it is a little smaller but it gets the job done and it is far less expensive.
check it out.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving you had! Love your list, Id welcome all of them as gifts :)

5:14 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Good gift ideas! I would love to get a yogurt maker! I actually had an old one that I sold in a garage sale. man!

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving! I admit that I went shopping on Black Friday, but didn't get up real early (or buy much, actually). I plan on finishing my shopping online. Love the gift list... Wish I had more foodie types on my list to buy some of this stuff!

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Caroline said...

I love seeing gift lists. Thank you! It reminds me that I haven't taken the time to even start thinking about holiday gifts.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Ingrid_3Bs said...

A few of those items are on my list! :)
~ingrid

8:25 PM  
Blogger The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

OMG! That beater blade is going on my Amazon wish list pronto.

I definitely want that PW cookbook. It's on my wish list, but I'm hoping to just go to her NY book signing in the 12th and get it myself.

I've always wanted that Le Cruset pot too, but I'm afraid to ask for one because it's so pricey. A couple of years ago my SIL wanted a dutch oven and I ended up buying her the cheaper Mario Batali version.

4:44 AM  
Blogger Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I am giving the bread book to mom and dad for Christmas. Thanks for all the ideas!!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Thanks for all the great gift ideas! Sooo glad you had a time with friends on thanksgiving! Good luck shopping, i'm just about done!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

SO many good gifts! I want them all!

2:57 AM  
Blogger Nate @ House of Annie said...

Hi,

I featured your list on our Big Guide to Foodie Gift Guides. Come check it out! If you like it, share it with your social network friends (Foodbuzz, Facebook, Twitter, etc).

Aloha, Nate
House of Annie food blog

8:01 AM  
Blogger La Bella Cooks said...

I went out on Black Friday only because it was my anniversary and we wanted to get out of the house, but never again! lol. This is a perfect list with some great ideas. Thanks Maria!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Cristie said...

So happy for some ideas that I know are quality items for some foodies in my life. Love the yogurt idea, would have never known! Thanks.

9:24 AM  
Blogger sugarlens said...

No Black Friday shopping for me either. Instead, my husband and I cleared out 3 boxes of junk from our spare bedroom.

The Automatic Yogurt Maker sounds interesting. I've never heard of it before! Great list!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Becky at VintageMixer said...

Great list! My sweet husband went in with my parents to get me a Le Creuset French Oven last year and I absolutely love it! One of my favorite Christmas gifts that I've received.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Dana said...

Great suggestions! I have bought lots of those things either for myself or as gifts! I hope you get one of those Le Crueset pots!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Kerstin said...

What an awesome list! Thank you! I'm going to send the link to my hubby :)

9:16 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

What a great list!!! It helps me to compile my own wish list haha :)

I'm glad you were able to spend the day with friends. I can't believe you worked out the morning after Thanksgiving - that's dedication! :)

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Amanda said...

What a great list!! I had to laugh at the end because I thought you were putting a *regular* scale up there after all that delectable food stuff... :)

Have a blessed night!
Amanda

7:11 PM  
Blogger The Food Hunter said...

Great list...I love my beater blade and my pasta attachment...have you seen the new KA attachement makes short pasta. I'm putting it on my list this year.

12:33 PM  
Blogger sanjeet said...

Those are wonderful gift ideas!
post free classified ads

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home