Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.devilsworkshop.org

Sorry for inconvenience...

Two Peas and Their Pod: Black Bean and Cheese Enchiladas

Monday, October 27, 2008

Black Bean and Cheese Enchiladas



I am never a fan of Mondays. The weekends always go too fast!

Last night we made enchiladas for dinner. We did black bean/cheese enchiladas and Josh added some of his cilantro lime chicken to his side. I made sure they were divided in the pan, no chicken for me please!! It was easy to tell whi
ch ones were Josh's, he likes a ton of cheese and I don't like very much:)

We rolled up the enchiladas in no time and then baked them until the cheese and sauce was nice and bubbly. I also made some gua
camole for an appetizer. I don't know why we haven't been making these more often. They were awesome!!









Black Bean and Cheese Enchiladas
(Chicken too if you want to add it!)

10 corn tortillas
1 big can of red enchilada sauce
1 15 ounce can of black beans, low sodium, rinsed and drained
1 small can of diced green chilies
1 small onion
Chopped fresh cilantro
Salt
Pepper
Shredded marbled cheddar and pepper jack cheese (or whatever kind you like) Use whatever amount you want. We didn't measure!
Cilantro Lime Chicken-optional. Josh used his leftovers!

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a small bowl mix the black beans, green chilies, onion, cilantro, salt, and pepper together.

In a small casserole dish, spread some of the enchilada sauce on the bottom. Dip the corn tortillas in the sauce as you go to keep them moist. This will prevent them from breaking. Fill the tortillas with the bean mixture, sprinkle some cheese on top, and add chicken if you are using it.
Roll up ten tortillas with filling.

Pour the remaining sauce over all of the tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. We added extra green chilies and cilantro on top. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling.


Labels: ,

35 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bakes said...

I love to make enchiladas at home. I haven't added black beans, but that's a great idea. It would really boost the nutrition.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

I may just make these for dinner tonight - they look great.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

These look perfect, just perfect. I'm adding the Cilantro Lime chicken to mine! Making these will definitely make Mondays seem a little less dreary.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

Yum- these look absolutely delicious! Perfect for a weeknight!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Your enchiladas look great. Enchiladas don't last long at our house.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Kathy Seed said...

Your enchiladas look divine! and so do you cinnadoodles!
Yum, Yum !! Enjoy your visit with your Dad & Theresa! Tell them hello for me.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

That is so funny- I have enchiladas on my menu for tonight! What a bummer that you have to work while your dad is in town! Maybe you can get out early? I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the enchiladas! Those cinnadoodles look good, too.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Veron said...

I hate Mondays too! I think that is why Sunday is depressing sometimes. But would sure brighten it up.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

lovely meal... :)

11:04 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I love enchiladas, and the addition of cilantro lime chicken sounds delicious to me! You've photographed your meal quite nicely. My photos of enchiladas usually look like mush though they taste good!

11:22 AM  
Blogger NKP said...

It must be the season for a little spice!
The enchiladas look great - I'll have the chicken. ;)

11:40 AM  
Blogger The Blonde Duck said...

Those look so good. Yum!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Lisa magicsprinkles said...

Oh man, that guac looks fabulous, just fabulous and I'll have your share of the cilantro lime chicken if that's ok.

12:37 PM  
Blogger priscilla joy said...

oh yummy! that looks soo good....guacamole is soo good!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Live.Love.Eat said...

Not a fan of Mondays myself either. I went into work 2 hours late today & it felt like a holiday. I wish all Mondays could be like that. Anyhoo, these enchiladas look great!!!!!

Oh, I also made the artichoke gratinata from Giada's and it was just OK. I love artichokes but on their own even with some other good stuff was just too artichoky.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Suburban Monkey said...

Great minds think alike, we just had enchiladas!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Culinary Wannabe said...

Enchiladas are a great Monday food - easy to put together and oh so yummy. Quick comfort food!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Mmmm, my mouth is watering! These look so yummy! I LOVE black beans!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Mary Bergfeld said...

These look awfully good. I love enchiladas.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Clumbsy Cookie said...

These will make any monday fell better!

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! This looks delicious!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Daziano said...

Hmmmm.... looks yummy. I've never had enchilada, at first I thought it was lasagne ;)

4:56 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

I'm drooling over the enchiladas...and ESPECIALLY the guacamole!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Enchiladas with black beans...delicious!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Enchilada night looks like fun...can I have an invite next time? I'll bring the pico de gallo and chipotle sour cream!

-DTW
www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

7:31 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I love enchilada night - I need to plan one now!!

3:04 AM  
Blogger Prudy said...

Oh, that had to be the best dinner. My husband has been begging for enchiladas.

5:32 AM  
Blogger grace said...

enchiladas are a personal favorite, especially when black beans and guacamole are involved. i must say, your guac is particularly gorgeous. :)

6:28 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

How was last night with your dad and step mom? Hope you had fun! Do you ever partipate in the Blogger Secret Ingredient Challenge? If not, I was in charge of picking the ingredient for this week- check it out :)http://itzyskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/10/blogger-secret-ingredient-bsi.html

If you're interested, you just make a recipe that involves the secret ingredient and submit the recipe. At the end of the week, a winner is chosen.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Katerina said...

I just LOVE enchiladas and yours look great. I highly recommend that you make your own enchilada sauce though it is just so good.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Audrey said...

I have always wanted to make these! They look fantastic.

11:20 AM  
Blogger rubybean77 said...

It has been forever since I had enchiladas. These look GREAT!!!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Erika W. said...

Those look amazing! I made some black bean and pumpkin enchiladas last week, but these look so good!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Oh my goodness - these look absolutely delicious!!

Rosie x

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home