Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.devilsworkshop.org

Sorry for inconvenience...

Two Peas and Their Pod: Making Macarons!

Monday, January 28, 2008

Making Macarons!

Saturday Maria and I, along with some help from Aubrey (Maria’s Niece) attempted to make Parisian Macarons. These Macaroons are Maria’s favorite food. If she could she would eat them exclusively with out any other food, just different types of Macaroons. She says “They are a little peace of heaven that melt in your mouth!!” I really wanted to try to make them because I have heard all this talk about how hard they are to make. I felt like, lets master these Macaroons. We may not get them right the first time but we will be on our way to learning how to re-create these little pieces of heaven on earth. On Friday Maria and I had done our fair share of research on the great information highway, the World Wide Web, plus received some very helpful tips from Whitney, whom Maria hooked on these Macaroons on our trip to San Francisco. (Sorry Whitney)

We had learned there are two important steps to creating them. The first step is, well maybe you should figure out these steps. If you really want to know you can call me and bribe me with something very expensive. Because heaven is expensive and if you want a piece of that you are going to have to pay. So remember what money can buy!

As we made our attempt to make Macaroons we thought we had totally blown it after we had piped them out on to the cookie sheets and then they ran out like really thin flat pancakes. Talk about frustrated, all that work for nothing! I was egar to try again on a future date, Maria was so frustrated she never wanted to atempt them again. We then set them on the counter for awhile considering not to bake them at all but we did, and Waaa-laaa. We were pleasantly surprised. They weren’t perfect but they turned out very good for a first time effort. They tasted pretty good but not nearly as good as the famous Miette Bakery’s in San Francisco. So here is how they turned out. Aurbrey was our helper in the kitchen as she ate her CHEF BOY-AR-DEE. It looks like it must have been good!







Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

you guys are crrrrazy! did they involve nuts?

3:22 PM  
Blogger Tucker said...

They actually look pretty good.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Tucker said...

When I come to visit, you will have to show me how to make them.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Sean Ryan said...

That's funny that Leslie asked what I was going to ask, Do they have nuts in them?

12:06 AM  
Blogger klt9976 said...

I thought to myself...who in the world is Josh and why is he commenting on my blog! Good to see you in the blog world!

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home